Kong Inc. Announces Winners of API Innovator Awards and Partner Awards
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Today at Kong Summit 2022, Kong Inc., the cloud-native API company, announced the winners of its second annual API Innovator Awards and first Partner Awards.
The API Innovator Awards recognize teams and individuals who solve new and complex business challenges using Kong solutions such as Kong Konnect, Kong Enterprise, Kong Gateway, Kuma and Insomnia. For the first time ever, the Partner Awards spotlight companies in Kong’s Partner Network that support joint customer success across diverse regions.
“The winners of these awards symbolize the strength and diversity of Kong’s ecosystem of developers, customers and partners,” said Marco Palladino, CTO and co-founder of Kong Inc. “It is inspiring to see how these teams leverage of Kong technology to tackle some of today’s most pressing business problems and drive customer success even in uncertain times. »
“It is a great pleasure for the TBC team to be acknowledged and recognized by Kong,” said Bidzina Matsaberidze, CIO of TBC Bank. “TBC chose to be the leading technology-focused company in our region and Kong’s API Gateway helped us decentralize development work and eliminate the need for a centralized integration layer, which has not not only streamlined the bank’s innovation processes, but also reduced costs by a third. This award is a great motivation for our team in pursuing our main mission: to simplify the lives of our customers.”
The API Innovator Award winners are:
- Best Overall Innovator – Commercial: Alef Edge builds the first private mobile network as a service for enterprises, with the aim of simplifying the complexity of the mobile network and its standards. In the initial development stage, Alef Edge used in-house developed and managed tools, as well as manual deployments. This has resulted in limited scalability and security, version management issues, and inconsistent policies for API access. With Kong, Alef Edge was able to reduce time to market, improve visibility into API usage, and improve the self-service development experience.
- Best Overall Innovator – Company: The LEGO Group envisions a future where much of its revenue could flow through its gateway, and children around the world rely on connectivity to their platform for their experiences. As the company grew and its digital footprint expanded, the team realized that its bespoke core integration platform had become a bottleneck. The platform has created complexities in data ownership, debugging, and all aspects of platform maintenance. With Kong, the LEGO Group moved to standardized APIs as integration points, built and maintained by the product teams themselves. Today, the company is equipped to build with resilience.
- Best Financial Innovator: Over time, TBC Bank’s IT infrastructure and processes had become increasingly complex and inefficient. With thousands of software and processes across the bank, bottlenecks had a direct impact on the business, as product launches and service offerings would be delayed. This led TBC on a digital transformation journey and chose Kong to improve the bank’s API ecosystem, ultimately simplifying users’ daily lives. After implementing Kong Enterprise, TBC reduced time to market by 40%. Its operational lending API platform, which offers more power to control the movement of funds and loans, serves 700,000 customers.
- Best Open Source Innovator: CRED’s back-end infrastructure has more than 350 microservices that power different functionalities for various CRED business areas. Non-linear traffic spikes over a short period slowed down some services and created cascading outages on the CRED application, degrading the user experience. Kong enabled CRED to deliver quality of service by disabling non-critical streams, which saved the team 500 hours of manual monitoring and intervention.
- Top Public Sector Innovator: DWP Digital provides digital services for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Traditionally, they were delivered in policy-based silos, with many processes that relied on face-to-face contact and manual intervention. There was no single place to find what data or services existed, who owned them, or how to access them. Working with Kong to provide a common API platform and tools to connect systems, DWP Digital now handles over half a billion API calls each month. This has resulted in a more connected experience for citizens and millions in savings on administrative costs associated with manual verification processes.
- Innovator of the Year: Few at Raiffeisen Bank International thought the Real-Time Integration Center of Excellence (RICE) would be a success, but thanks to Thomas Joham’s unique drive and focus on customer needs, RICE was tested. during the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe. Thomas’ team delivered 20 standard APIs to 12 network banks per country, based on actual business demand, in the first year.
Partner Award winners include:
- General Partner of the Year: Amazon Web Services (AWS) has supported Kong through a number of accomplishments, such as supporting key products, as well as developing Kong’s framework for the AWS Cloud SDK. AWS vendors have been instrumental in Kong’s success through its availability on AWS Marketplace, a digital catalog with thousands of software listings from independent software vendors that make it easy to find, test, buy, and deploy. of software.
- Global System Integrator (GSI) of the Year: Over the past year, Wipro Limited has had a significant global focus on Kong and has become Kong’s most influential GSI partner. With a focus on results, Wipro Limited has mobilized people and resources to grow its business in Kong, including building a practice with over 150 trained consultants and helping to develop a three-way relationship with Wipro Limited, Kong and AWS.
- Regional Partner of the Year – Americas: SHI has generated more resale deal flow than any other partner in North America, supporting Kong’s growth across all regions, industries and solution areas.
- Regional Partner of the Year – EMEA: Reply and its network of businesses across EMEA is one of Kong’s oldest partners in this region. After securing several deals for Kong with contract values of over half a million dollars, Reply has assembled an experienced team to implement Kong projects from start to finish.
- Regional Partner of the Year – APJ: MFEC Public Company Limited has been relentlessly focused on the success of its customers by continuously building a strong go-to-market team that helps customers rethink their businesses and reinvent their services, driving significant success and enabling the APJ’s economy to move forward.
- Technology Partner of the Year: Red Hat has invested heavily in Kong and has had tremendous success in product integration, marketing, and go-to-market programs. The company added Kong to its ISV Elite Partner level and was instrumental in getting Kong product certifications for Ansible, Red Hat OpenShift Operator, and Red Hat OpenShift on AWS (ROSA).
To learn more about Kong’s Partner Program, please visit https://konghq.com/partners.
About Kong Inc.
Kong is the cloud-native API platform with the world’s fastest and most adopted API gateway. Trusted by developers and recognized for the most business-critical traffic volumes, Kong helps startups and Fortune 500 companies build with confidence, enabling them to bring solutions to market faster through an API and service connectivity that evolve easily and safely. Leaders like Nasdaq, PayPal, GE, Samsung, Expedia, GlaxoSmithKline, Rite Aid, Moderna, Wayfair and Verifone trust Kong to help them modernize their technology stacks, adopt new technologies and respond quickly to customer demand. through APIs. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.