Free Hessie Trailhead shuttle begins Friday, May 27
New for 2022, the Friday shuttle service will operate all season, and the RTD NB route between Boulder and Nederland will be free to run on days the Hessie shuttle is in service
Boulder County, Colo. – Boulder County is offering free shuttle service on Fridays, weekends and holidays this summer and fall to transport passengers from Nederland High School (597 County Road 130) to the Hessie Trailhead, an entry point popular for accessing Lost Lake and the Indian Peaks Wilderness area off Fourth of July Road. No pass, reservation or fare is required to use the complimentary Hessie shuttle service.
On days the Hessie shuttle is in operation, the RTD NB route between Boulder and Nederland High School will be free; visitors are encouraged to park in Boulder and take the bus to their hike.
Free shuttle service
Seasonal shuttle service will begin Friday, May 27. The last day of the shuttle service will be Sunday October 9th. Shuttles leave approximately every 15 minutes during opening hours. The schedule will be as follows:
- Friday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. (starting Sept. 10, Saturday service ends at 6 p.m.)
- Sunday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Holiday exceptions and schedule additions include:
- Sunday, May 29: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. (eve of Memorial Day)
- Monday, May 30: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Remembrance Day)
- Sunday, June 19: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Juneteenth)
- Monday, June 20: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Juneteenth Observed)
- Sunday, July 3: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Eve of Independence Day)
- Monday, July 4: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Independence Day)
- Sunday, Sept. 4: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. (the day before Labor Day)
- Monday, Sept. 5: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Labour Day)
Masks or face coverings are not required for riding
Masks or face coverings are not required to board the shuttle, but passengers who would feel more comfortable wearing a mask are encouraged to do so.
For more information, visit www.HessieTrailhead.com, or contact Alex Hyde-Wright at [email protected] or 303-441-4910.
For information on all recreational shuttles operating in Boulder County in 2022, visit www.boco.org/shuttles.