Avicanna and Harrington Wellness Launch re + PLAY (TM) Brand CBD Topical Products in Canada | 2021-12-20 | Press Releases
re + PLAY is a sports performance and recovery driven brand founded by NBA veteran Al Harrington with evidence-based CBD formulations developed in partnership with Avicanna
Products will be available in adult channels in Alberta and Ontario and in medical channels in partnership with Medical Cannabis by Shoppers â¢
This marks the 4e mark and 17e SKU Avicanna has marketed in the Canadian market
TORONTO, Dec. 20 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Avicanna Inc. (“Avicanna & CloseCurlyDoubleQuote; or the” Company “) (TSX: AVCN) (OTCQX: AVCNF) (FSE: 0NN), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development, manufacture and commercialization of plant-based cannabinoid products, is pleased to announce the launch of the sports recovery-based CBD brand re + PLAY through a partnership with Harrington Wellness, founded by NBA veteran Al Harrington.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/f7bd053d-da7c-433d-bb74-8ff274889242
re + PLAY is a performance-based CBD wellness brand, built with the fundamentals and the combined knowledge of certified scientists, athletes, doctors and sports trainers. Avicanna and Harrington Wellness have worked together rigorously on the research, development and optimization of these CBD topicals inspired by the athletic and athletic community. These CBD topicals use Avicanna’s proprietary, evidence-based deep tissue technology ‘for the delivery of cannabinoids and have been organized with the support of Harrington Wellness’ in-depth understanding of the needs of professional athletes.
âWe are very pleased to be working with our partners at Avicanna to bring our powerful line of performance recovery-based topical products to Canada, & CloseCurlyDoubleQuote; said Al Harrington, CEO of Harrington Wellness.
The products are now available on adult use channels in Alberta and are expected to launch in the first quarter of 2022 in Ontario and other provinces. Additionally, the products will also be made available to patients through medical channels in partnership with Medical Cannabis by Shoppers nationwide in early January.
âWe are delighted to expand our wellness product offering into the Canadian market and introduce the first sport-focused line of functional THC-free products. This line was organized as part of this world-class partnership with the Harrington Wellness team and has been in development since 2019. â
Initial product offerings include:
- Muscle friction – A water-based emulsion that combines 500 mg of pure Cannabidiol (CBD) with complementary natural active ingredients including menthol, camphor and beta-caryophyllene terpene. The intense formulation provides a warm feeling upon application and is formulated to enhance diffusion into the deeper layers of the skin.
- Total Body Cream – A water-based emulsion that combines 250 mg of pure CBD with complementary natural active ingredients including menthol, beta-caryophyllene and eucalyptus essential oil for an immediate sensation of freshness with a light fragrance.
- Foot + Ankle Cream – A rich cream that combines 500mg of pure CBD with soothing colloidal oatmeal as well as antimicrobial tea tree and spearmint essential oils to provide a fresh yet soft feel on the feet. This lightly scented, fast absorbing cream is formulated to improve diffusion into the deeper layers of the skin.
About re + PLAY
re + PLAY is a performance and recovery-based brand of CBD that delivers the natural and potent benefits of CBD through advanced formulations that have been extensively researched and developed to meet standards for quality and consistency that athletes and doctors can trust. The range is THC Free and physician approved and used by both professional athletes and certified sports trainers. re + PLAY was founded by NBA veteran Al Harrington, renowned coach Joe Abunasser and Dr. Sanford Kunkel, the Indiana Pacers team doctor and the United States National Basketball team. United.
Avicanna is a Canadian commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company established in research, development and evidence-based products in cannabinoids for the global consumer, as well as in the medical and pharmaceutical market segments. At the forefront of global cannabinoid advancements, Avicanna conducts most of its research in Canada at its R&D headquarters at the Johnson & Johnson Innovation Center, JLABS @ Toronto, located in the MaRS Discovery District. The company actively collaborates with the main Canadian academic and medical institutions. Avicanna has established a cutting-edge scientific platform comprising advanced R&D and clinical development which has led to the commercialization of over twenty products in four main market segments:
- Medical cannabis and wellness products: marketed under the RHO Phyto â¢ brand, or compounded preparations, these medical and wellness products constitute an advanced range of pharmaceutical grade cannabis-based products containing varying proportions of cannabidiol (” CBD & CloseCurlyDoubleQuote;) and tetrahydrocannabinol (âTHC & CloseCurlyDoubleQuote;). The product portfolio contains a comprehensive list of products including oral, sublingual, topical and transdermal deliveries that have controlled dosage, enhanced absorption, and stability studies supported by preclinical data. The advanced form is marketed with education and training of consumers, patients and the medical community. Avicanna’s medical and wellness product portfolio ‘also forms the basis of the company’s pharmaceutical pipeline’ with input from the formulations which form the basis of the products as well as the data generated by the sales and participation of the products in real-world evidence studies. .
- CBD Derma-cosmetic Products: Marketed under the brand names Pura H & W â¢ or Pura Earth â¢, these registered and clinically tested derma-cosmetic products include a portfolio of functional CBD topical products.
- Pharmaceutical pipeline: leveraging the science platform, vertical integration and hard evidence of Avicanna & CloseCurlyQuote; Avicanna has created a pipeline of patent pending drug candidates that are indication specific and at various stages of clinical development and commercialization. These cannabinoid drug candidates provide solutions to unmet medical needs in dermatology, chronic pain and various neurological disorders. The first pharmaceutical preparation of Avicanna ‘(Trunerox) is in the drug registration phase in South America.
- Cannabis Raw Materials, Seeds and Bulk Formulations: Marketed under the Aureus â¢ brand, the company’s raw materials business has successfully completed sales in 11 countries. Aureus offers dried cannabis flowers, standardized seeds, full spectrum extracts and cannabinoid distillates, isolated cannabinoids (CBD, THC, cannabigerol (“CBG & CloseCurlyDoubleQuote;) and other rare cannabinoids), and bulk formulations derived from hemp and cannabis cultivars through its, and industrial-scale subsidiaries based in Colombia. The majority of Aureus products are manufactured in Santa Marta Golden Hemp SAS (“SMGH & CloseCurlyDoubleQuote;), the majority owned subsidiary of the company ‘, which is also certified Good Agricultural and Collection Practices (” GACP & CloseCurlyDoubleQuote); (“USDA & CloseCurlyDoubleQuote;) Certification from the National Organic Program for its hemp cultivar.
SOURCE Avicanna Inc.
Stay logged in
For more information on Avicanna, visit www.avicanna.com, contact Ivana Maric by email at [email protected] or follow us on social media on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
The company posts updates via videos from the company’s official YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFXPBGdKSxOUOf_VZoSFSUA.
Caution regarding forward-looking information and statements
This press release contains “forward-looking information” within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Forward-looking information contained in this press release may be identified by the use of words such as “could”, “would”, “could”, “will”, “likely”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “Believe,” intention “,” plan “,” forecast “,” project “,” estimate “,” prospect “and other similar expressions. Forward-looking information is not a guarantee of future performance and is based on a number of management’s estimates and assumptions in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and trends. expected developments, as well as other factors relevant in the circumstances, including assumptions regarding current and future market conditions, the current and future regulatory environment, availability of licenses, approvals and permits, and the usefulness and application of certain drugs and products. Although the Company believes that the expectations and assumptions on which this forward-looking information is based are reasonable, one should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information as the Company cannot guarantee that it will prove to be correct. Actual results and developments may differ materially from those contemplated by these statements. Forward-looking information is subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking information. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, current and future market conditions, including the price of the Company’s common shares, and the risk factors set out in the Company’s annual information form dated September 3, 2021 and the final short version prospectus dated November 27, 2020, filed with the Canadian securities regulatory authorities and available under the Company’s profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. The statements contained in this press release are made as of the date of this press release. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update any forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or results or otherwise, other than as required by applicable securities laws.